Tuesday 16 June 2009

Omiya 3


It was dark by now so we could only get a glimpse of the major Shinto Shrine through the gate but I always felt that the twilight in Japan puts a magical spell on the scenery.
When Kahori suggested a trip to the bamboogrove I jumped for joy at the prospect of seeing at long last what I had missed. The three of us walking happily composed the winding paths between the tall thin trees of the dimly lit local park was beyond my expectations.





Kahori is an honest young woman and did not spare the dark side of her home town. In a short detour on the way back to the station she pointed out to us noisy nightclubs and various other seedy amusement centers.

All is well that ends well. Heavily loaded with my purchase I arrived back in Tokyo late but very happy. This was my second last day before departure...

No comments: