Monday 24 November 2008

Flight to Osaka

A difficult start, a 20 Minutes delay caused by thick fog in Munich made me nervous and as the gate for my connecting flight was not announced on the monitor I nearly lost my way in the maze of Frankfurt airport.
At the gate it felt like in a different world. By far most of the passengers were Japanese or Asian – and on average smaller than I.
During the just over 11 hours flight I did not see much, at first we flew in clouds and then into the night, and for most of the time I could only follow the route on the small monitor in front of me.
There was not much space and I did not find any position to sleep comfortably for a length of time. When we passed over Mongolia and I could see the first lights I gave up on sleep altogether. It was almost dawn when we crossed over Beijing where I could make out the big cluster of lights on busy roads and bridges.
Breakfast was served when we flew over impressively shaped mountains of Korea.
But much to my disappointment all of Japan was in clouds when we descended.

No comments: